5.28.2004

Well isn't that special...

Florida has managed to do it to me again. Since I know you're all clamoring to know what I'm talking about, here's the kinda longish-short version. Florida cancelled my license. I got as notice from the Florida DMV that if i didn't get insurance in 30 days they were gonna suspend my license. Well, I turned in my tag instead. Before I moved I checked with the DMV to make sure that my license was all right and they said sure. U-Haul checked my license and they said it was good. So I went on with my life and moved.

I got pulled over by Falmouth police last week for speeding. I was kinda driving my grandmother's car and kinda wasn't paying attention to how ffast I was going (53 in a 30 just for reference) So she tells me that my license isn't valid; it's not suspended or revoked, just isn't valid. So thank god that she just lets me go back home with a warning. But it's kind of started a little union war at work. See, my supervisor (that word still leaves a bad taste in my mouth) Gordy said not to come abck to work until my license situation is cleared up. Well, that set off my dad (who is also the president of the union) and he called the higher up supervisor and all i know is that I'm going back to work yesterday. It's odd really. Everytime I'm honest with someone at work they seem to evolve into a minor civil war. You may perhaps remember the little war I mentioned over my paycheck last year. Just being honest and it started all that.

Anywho, I've got to call one guy back today on a job, and I'm waiting to hear from the city for the interview for the job I want down there. Wish me luck...

1 comment:

Chad said...

Good god, I remember the last time someone even hung up on your dad. Geeez