10.06.2004

I'll bet he gets respect now...

There's a lot to catch everybody up on, but as I'm sure you can tell from the title I'm going to start with something a little depressing. Rodney Dangerfield died yesterday afternoon. He was a great comedian and I enjoyed his routines and his movies immensely. I'm sure that I'm not the only ne that will sorely miss him.

On a lighter note however this week is shaping up nicely. I'm sure some of you (hopefully) will have the honored October 1st holiday. While not as well known as what will be abbreviated as S & BJ day in March, equally important to a well balanced year is National "Stick it to the Man" Day. I decided several years ago that October First would be a great day for it since my Octobers always seem to suck for some reason...why not just throw it back in teh face of "The Man". SO for the last several years I've been engaging in small acts of civil disobedience on October 1st. Last year I told the chick at McDonalds that I would in fact not be having an apple pie with my burger because I was "sticking it to the man". This year I didn't wear a uniform shirt to work, and when asked why I didn't wear the shirt, I promptly, and proudly, told my service manager that I was "sticking it to the man". So, since I'm sure the vast majority of you have forgotten about this holiday I'm gonna go one further in my quest to "Stick it to the Man". FOr this year, I'm gonna claim this whole week as "Stick it to the Man" week. So until Sunday night, I urge you all to stick it to the man in any way that you can find and please PLEASE leave me comments on here for how you've "Stuck it to the Man"

Here's the thing though...don't get arrested, and don't do anything stupid like skipping school or quitting your job to become a non-productive consumer in order to "Stick it to the Man." Those of you who leave me stories of your exploits, I will send you a graphic in honor of your perseverence in the face of "The Man"

In light of these last few paragraphs, work is going well, though there's a load of bullshit involving me not having a van and being expected to use my personal vehicle to get to jobs...I'm not too pleased about that one, and I did indeed "Stick it to the Man" on that one and let them know pretty outright that I would not in fact begoing mre than 3 miles in my vehicle to get to jobs as it was the end of my obligation to get to the shop.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey...i have been sticking to the man all week :)
just look at my journal...where's my graphic?

this is yvonne BTW

A. said...

According to the case worker at the welfare office, I've been sticking it to the man for some time now- for daring to *gasp* have a child without being married, and for having a child while not having a job even though I can't GET a job because Bush f'ed up the economy. Apparently my sex life is a slap in the face of Wisconsin republicans. Who knew pissing off the Right could be so pleasurable? :)

However, I really angered some idiots Monday at the grocery store. The manager and one of the cashiers were talking as they scanned my groceries. Manager asks cashier if she saw Dubya when he was here a few weeks ago and proceeds to elaborate on how wonderful our "beloved" commander-in-chief is. Cashier, not noticing that I was about to vomit right then and there, agrees with manager and says, "Dems have been messing this country up way too long, and now the Republicans are having to straighten it out. I don't know how anyone can be anything other than Republican- maybe they're just all stupid."

I couldn't resist. As I was removing the debit card from my wallet, I pulled out my Mensa card and laid it there on the conveyor. Cashier looked at it and then glanced back at me. I put my Libertarian Party card on top of it and said, rather pleasantly under the circumstances, "I don't know about stupid. I prefer to call it 'thinking for myelf'."

But really, what more can you expect from employees of Piggly Wiggly?

Mikey said...

oh wow...well done! i would have sooo nasty!

Vonnie:)