11.17.2004

Well that was anti-climactic...

I'm sure you guys have noticed that I haven't posted anything on my non-smoking diaries...but you know what...it's not s interesting as I thought it would be. Yeah the first 3 or so days were a little rough, but after that it's been a non-issue. No critical craving, no homicidal mood swings, no nothing. It wasn't the Descent Into Madness(TM) that I thought/heard it was going to be. Oh well here's the short form anyway. I've not been smoking for the last 8 days, nor do I feel the inclination to have a cigarette. almost a bummer...

On an interesting sidenote I have seen horrors that no human mind should ever bear witness to. I think I am officially sterile and lo be thankful that you are only getting the words and not the live-action picture that I got. I got the meet "Kelly" today. As many of you don't know, i've been doing the maintenance on the Catholic Charities Maine building which essentially translates to an out-patient mental ward. It was here that I got to meet "Kelly" and boy was that a shock to the system at 8am/7am Central. Check Local Listings. "Kelly" was of the "Weirdo Transvestite" category. Not really what I would call "Executive Transvestite" by any stretch of the imagination. There was no doubting "Kelly" was a man. In fact I think "Kelly" really needed a girls night out to help with the makeup and the fugliness, erm I mean manishness, erm I'll just shut up now.

Now I have no problems with Tranvestites, Gay people any of those groups. But I was not prepared for "Kelly" I mean we've maintained this building before. "Kelly" isn't new...someone could have given me a heads up. I mean When you hear a guy ask if you want some coffee while you're waiting for Teresa and you look up and there's a 6 foot 3 inch man in heels, a nice blouse, socks or something oddly lumpy stuck in a bra, a pretty slapdash job with some makeup and a wig on it kinda makes you shiver for a second...and not in a good way. Anywho I'm off to bed. more updates as they become interesting...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would just like to say that i am proud of you. and that i admire you. you have been smoke free for almost 2 weeks now. i have to know, what's your secret? is it the altoids? seriously. cause like, i can't stand them :)

Yvonne

Mikey said...

Actually his/her name was actually Kelly...