11.08.2005

Life, The Universe, and Everything...

So while I've been writing this novel for NaNoWriMo I've been drawing inspiration from all over. Obviously due to the story that I'm telling I've been watching a lot of the Hong Kong action flicks. Some recommendations that I might make for those of you out there who haven't sat through a movie night with me before are: The Replacement Killers, Hard Boiled, The Killer, and Full Contact. You'll also note that these are all Chow Yun Fat movies, and most of them were directed by John Woo. The Replacement Killers would probably be more accessable to most people as it was produced in the west. The Killer I recommend getting the subtitled version, as the dubbed version fails in the way that most dubbed movies do.

Also, strangely, I've been re-reading the books that make up the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series. I just finished, as you can tell Life, The Universe, and Everything. I just started So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish. However it doesn't stop there, as there was a newer book that he wrote before he died named Mostly Harmless. I have that as well as a short story involving Zahpod Beeblebrox that I don't know about yet, but it has to be interesting. That's all for today, I have to pound out a few thousand more words before I truly relax for the day

Mahalo

No comments: