11.11.2005

NaNo...Day 11

Well I crossed over to nearly 22 thousand words this morning. I should be closer to about 25-28, but my mom had been down for the last 3 days or so, so I didn't get much writing done. I had also meant to write some last night, but decided to play a little CoH instead. This worked out perfectly since I really needed to clear my head a bit and relax. Hopefully I'll make up the last few days this weekend and be back on pace where I want to be. But all in all I think I'm a little ahead of the game in comparison to several thousand people. This makes me feel a little better about things as if I keep this pace up I should bit 50K by around the 23rd.

That's not to say that my story hasn't had it's share of problems. I decidedly ran into pacing problems yesterday. I realised that I'm just about halfway through the 50K and a good deal of the story had been revealed. I'm going to be forced to reveal the hook a little sooner than I'd expected, but as I lay awake at about 1am last night I worked it all out in my head so that was one obstacle worked around. Though if this were a Shakespeare play, this would be the point of the Climax, which would then start the downhill slide in the story to the conclusion, so by that pattern, I'm still good to go. All in all I've gotten a little further along than I thought I would so I'm proud in that regard. When the NaNoWriMo is over with, i'll probably post the story up here, chapter by chapter and take thoughts on it. I'm still wanting to do something of a web comic/graphic novel type of thing with it, as I think the story in my head will translate to that medium much better than it's translated thus far to words.

Mahalo

2 comments:

Chad said...

Can't wait to read it man. I just caught your im, 30 minutes after you sent it of course. ;-p Anywho, got some big news going down hopefully this week. I'll let you know more about it once we get ahold of one another. Take it easy

Mikey said...

yeah i waited a couple of minutes then hopped on some UT2K4 and fragged the night away :)