11.14.2005

New Favorite Passtime...

I have discovered the Joy of Albatross 18. It's something of an online Golf game that I'm digging the hell out of the last couple of days. I'm still a rookie and don't have any of the cool gear, but I've been trying to find an online gold game as Hot Shots doesn't have anything of the sort. It's got the cutesie anime type of graphics but it's a blast against other people. So far I'm 2-1 against other people. if I could only get my putting together things would go much better for me I'm sure. But that's the only gripe I really have about the game. The greens are kind of hard to read. Instead of like other golf games where it'll show you the twist and lie of the green, this one relies on dots that, in theory, will show you where the ball would lie if you putted it through the center of that particular area. I'm not quite a gold legend...but I'm working on it.

Oh and as far as NaNo goes I broke 30,000 words this morning!! Only 20K more to go and roughly 16 days to do it in. I feel i'm in good shape at this point. I'm now dropping into the intense part of the story so it should write itself before I know it.

2 comments:

No Filter: The Book said...

the picture is really cool but it makes the blog hard to read .. Is there anyway it could be at the top and not over the text.

Great job on the book so far!

ed davis

Anonymous said...

Howdee! I use Mozilla and everything works the way it should. However, I think I know what's going on - if you view the page in a browser that's resized such that it doesn't entirely fill your screen, the text moves over to the left, on top of the graphic. This can be solved by having your users maximize their screen (which I personally hate to do because I'm usually running processes in the background that I like to keep an eye on). Or, you could just move the graphic over to the right side of the screen. :)
-Terri Ann